Funkdafied musings of a lostman

Basically a place for me to collect my rhymes in one place. I need to get some material for a project that's waiting for me back in DC. www.lostmanrecords.com Also, for audio files of me doing my thing, check me out here. For a beat to listen to while you read, click here

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Let It Go

I can't quite tell where I've been, or where I'm going
It's only the mic I'm holding
Perpetual motion
Coasting on the wave I stay floating
Far away from that deadly 27 overdosing
Hoping that the karma's lubricated like lotion
The honest get corrupted off the gospel y'all quoting
Cause it don't mean a thing if it don't shed a little light on the point of the game
Time's change, mind frame's ain't staying the same
6 billion thirsty people steady praying for rain
Unnamed by the power's that be, but the destiny speaks
Eventually we stepping to free
At least that's what I'm thinking when my mind's optimistic
Thoughts and emotions, like time, unscripted
Stick 'em, and they move cause they're quicker than you
You never hold that shit that you think that you do

You grab it tight, hold it, squeeze, hoping please
But it's in your dreams
I don't know what it be
I got mine; it stays temping me
A ten-cent deceit
Like somebody sentenced me to simply stay in 2nd speed
Blinders on our eyes as the innocence bleeds from our energies
Even though it's all that you need
So forgive me
For trying, gonna rip 'em off, insisting
Cause if we staying hiding then we're barely subsisting
And yo, there's more to existence
The cover over the essence I been trying to rip it
Tried to hack it; the code is entirely cryptic
Tried the guess and test, but in the infinite it's hard to get specific with what the message is/
So we second guess
Close to the vest, we keep our cards
Act hard--I'm not really impressed
Cause you goin need more than that if you goin bring out your best
Existence, stress, then there's nothing left

But still these cocky joe know-it-alls think you got us down cold
Though we changin like the timepiece goes
Just say they figured it wrong
Here, then a minute it's gone
Break your own mold; you know they imitated wrong
Insatiably long, the road we on through time and space
Whether it's all new or more of the same, the only constant's change
Your styles brew; that's not you
You're every single action that you do, not yourself in '92
Can't think of anything that could be more true
But my music's populated by these ignorant fools
And don't even get me started when I'm watching the news
What they shovin down your throat every night at the tube
Angst-ridden, it's true
So what the fuck you gwan do?
I got big dreams for my people and you
More than a little bit; open my eyes it's illegimate
How can we rise if we're looking at the sunset

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home