Funkdafied musings of a lostman

Basically a place for me to collect my rhymes in one place. I need to get some material for a project that's waiting for me back in DC. www.lostmanrecords.com Also, for audio files of me doing my thing, check me out here. For a beat to listen to while you read, click here

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Side to side

Whether it's smoking a blunt
Or getting it on
Or ignoring the vocals I spun just to hear the instrumental
I got it for you
Something to bob your head to
Or take it serious, get deep, catch the spiritual
But that's optional
Cause what I do when I'm listing to this music
Ranges from the basic and stupid
To seven steps from heaving, and I'm moving right through it
Gaseous, solidified, or fluid
I knew it
When I came out the womb it was mine to take
No delays; not trying to wait for the end of days
Hesitate, catch that shit at the pearly gates
At least I think; I take my mind to the brink of consciousness
Might be some nonsense
Definitely a hypothesis
But on the way to law, keeping it raw, waitin for y'all
....to come along

Waited for this moment for a long time comin
Grown up, but sho nuff, these rhymes is my youngin
And I raise 'em, emblaze 'em with dreams I'm chasin
Stay facing to the East, waitin til the sun's rays hit
Then the peace on my face manifests in these lyrics
Unless I spit when I'm mad as shit
My depths flip from my lips til there's nothing left
Then the cycle starts again
None of us are perfect men
Sin and virtue both hurt you if not kept in balance
I've never been one to embrace silence
Conspiring too much for too little in return
So let the motherfucker burn
If you don't, they'll never learn, and they need to
Where do we go, people? Surrounded by the wicked and deceitful...
All other things equal
I'm hangin out under the steeple of where the beat go

You need to get up right now and move with this
I heard that shit when I was new to this
I had some plans, but they got dismissed
Casualties of how I'm tryin to live
Actually I'm on the bridge
With some shit to implement if I'm gonna get where I'm goin
East coastin
Metaphorically got the three-wheel motion
So wave 'em high like the ocean if you're open
If not, find out why your innocence was stolen
Or maybe it's imagination that's broken
A nation of hoping when acting's the last thing that anyone's doing
Enough to make your head spin
But c'mon, stand up anyway
You won't faint, trust me
Not today
Out your seat
On your feet....
Hustling'll get you what you're wanting
But maybe you just wanna sit back and hearing the beat pumping
And that's okay with me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home