Funkdafied musings of a lostman

Basically a place for me to collect my rhymes in one place. I need to get some material for a project that's waiting for me back in DC. www.lostmanrecords.com Also, for audio files of me doing my thing, check me out here. For a beat to listen to while you read, click here

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Free

Sometimes I fly away
Find a hideaway
It's more than I can take
Tough finding destiny in these streets
I feel it's just me
Got our minds washed clean--antiseptically, anasthetically
But now I'm like a caged beast tryin to be free
Like Mandela locked up back in '63
I explore like Magellan 'cept it's internally
Open my eyes, what do I see?
We're seeking meaning in demeaning though the reason's that we're seeing
Even our leaders think they're shit don't stink
It's like the seasons, straight circular
Three-sixty
It's like a barrier, no matter what, we just can't see past
I see grass
And you know it's a fact
It's looking greener than where I'm at
Keep that delusion intact
Keep ourselves grounded, calling all planes from the air
Like a terrorist scare that's not there

Overfilled, it seems, with this nervous energy
Don't get ahead of me, please
I'm not talking anxiety, though that's what it seems
All that I see--vivid in 3D
Extra vivid, yo, I merge with it
Taking creation by force
Who shot ya? I did it.
Just trying to get to the source, and then I'll burn in it
The phoenix did it
Don't mean like the vietnamese did it
Igniting monks while they're sitting
In zazen
The depths of your mind, it's surprising
How's she keep passing me by when
I just need to open up my eyes and
See she's standing right there
With the body of a goddess and a flower in her hair
And she's smiling
Laughing cause she's been there all the time
And I'm realzing what it's like to be alive when
Your country wants you to be all you can be
When the only strength I have is the urge to be free

Sometimes our mind goes to a different place
For me, it's when I try to put it's contents down on page
If you were following my thoughts you'd probably be amazed
Quik like what I'd drink when I was six, but still crazed
It's a maze we're in
We're on a wheel that spins
And you only gettin off when you tame the sin
St. Augustine said: grant me temperance, but please not yet
Summing up my 20-something soul's perspective
All the haters please proceed to the exit
Cause love is the nexus
From the time you born
Til the time you gone
You've got a choice with every breath that's drawn
Both Bob Dylan and Badu's On and On
Recognize the rolling stone, but you don't have to get pushed alone
Free will's real
So please don't swallow the pill
Trying to brainwash your thoughts for the dollar bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home