Funkdafied musings of a lostman

Basically a place for me to collect my rhymes in one place. I need to get some material for a project that's waiting for me back in DC. www.lostmanrecords.com Also, for audio files of me doing my thing, check me out here. For a beat to listen to while you read, click here

Sunday, August 03, 2008

L-I-V

When my mind goes and the soul manifests
Like a trick how I'm seeing every card in the deck
Howard Roark architect, spit a blueprint from my lips
I feed my soul from the Earth; I'm up outta the ground
Now take a dip in the innocence
It's heaven sent like the breath; you just forget where it's at
But I feel it
Don't let my mind conceal it
Keep the legs steady moving, but my soul stays kneeling
That Coltrane feeling
Six million ways to die
But I'm building, fulfilling and tilling and reaping what I sow as I go on the long road
I never let go
It ain't optional; it's what I got to do
Through me all things remain possible
And fuck you if you don't think that it's logical
It gets deep, this stuff of life
I grabbed the mic
And swore to God I'd never compromise

L-I-V
Leave the E for your dreams
Or pour it out for the moment that's passing

Like I'm dynamite blasting
Everything standing in my way til I get a hand free
Then I'll knock 'em into last week
Killer bee thoughts that swarm are nasty
I used to run, but if it's on, then it's gonna be on
I cut through heat like a summertime storm
I still wait for grace like the break of the dawn
I still hesitate over rightin the wrong but carry on
In the distance I can see the horizon
It's comin on with the quickness
The moment ain't scripted
Yo, so don't think slow or you'll miss it
Afflicted minds, the sign of the times
I sit back and gaze through closed eyes
And get clothes lined
Playing the role of the fall guy
But it's time to get up, stand up
Motherfuck throwing your hands up

L-I-V
Leave the E for your dreams
Or pour it out for the moment that's passing

I fight against the cynical, hypocritical and skeptical
Deal the devil in you a deadly blow
And it's true; he's on my shoulder too
I brush it off
Won't let my virtue catch a double cross
Cause I know what it's like to get thrown for a loss
And I know victory never comes to the soft
And I know it takes strength and speed like Ali to pull it off
But it's all I really want
Got dream like Gandhi or MLK in '63, you got me?
I'm finished on the sidelines watching
Time's of the essence, and there's none like the present
It keep moving on
Still I catch it each second
It stays hectic, but teaches me lessons if I let it
If it don't, then I know my mind is misdirected
And that's infectious
You never know the breath of your conception 'til you strech it

L-I-V
Leave the E for your dreams
Or pour it out for the moment that's passing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home