Funkdafied musings of a lostman

Basically a place for me to collect my rhymes in one place. I need to get some material for a project that's waiting for me back in DC. www.lostmanrecords.com Also, for audio files of me doing my thing, check me out here. For a beat to listen to while you read, click here

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Only one

I see a million faces when I'm walking the streets
I see eyes
But the glances only meet sometimes; I wonder why
Mine are green and nice
I can only see yours if you open wide
So fuck pride
Get up out of your mind
There's a whole world outside, your whole life
So think twice and rage against the dying of the light
Some choose to be men
Some are born, live and die as mice
My sacrifice was no say, so I know mics
In the meantime, I've got a question to ask
Are you part of the solution or part of the mess?
I'll never know if it was really all that simple then
A simple man simply isn't what I am
So I'm doing what I can to maintain and strive
Elevate the rhymes
Trade the nickels for dimes, and live my life

The point of it all, moving along
It's wrong if you feel alone
They just tryin to divide us
Cause we're weaker that way than whole
So maybe time to change your mode
Cookie cutter copies time to explode the mold
Stake it all
Never fold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home